- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Design Engineer
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join their team.
The Senior Design Engineer role shall deliver design engineering definition tasks that consider the customer requirements, the processes and technologies available to the company and the means to verify and validate the design. The role takes accountability for the deployment of the design process detail within the Engineering Design Cell and under the Design Authority of a Chief Designer
- Delivery of right first time design definition.
- Delivery of Check Authority against specific product lines.
- Development of Design Rules, specific to your design specialism.
- Product Technical through life Support.
- Support at all times Design Integrity specific to your design group.
- Lead a small team of engineers / technicians with a specific design group.
- Deliver Design Engineering focus and leadership within an Integrated Project Team environment for a specific design group.
- Deliver innovative design solutions to sales enquiries or live projects / legacy programmes.
- Liaise with all functions to understand requirements and possible solutions.
- Manage design change iaw Configuration Control Requirements and Commercial implications.
- Manage student and placement engineers as required.
- Lead design review / design process in line with QMS procedures.
- Lead delivery of data as required to company Factories and or NPI projects.
- Engage Design Authorities when required for Design Approval.
- Support department Continuous Improvement activities.
- Project Manage tasks as required.
- Quotation of task durations and cost.
- Quotation of Design verification / validation.
- Adherence to quoted durations.
Knowledge & Key Skills:
- Design Process
- Product definition industry standards
- Materials selection
- Structures capability
- Flow effects of liquid and air
- Risk Management
- DOA Certification knowledge
- People Management / motivation
- Manufacturing techniques / process capabilities
- Verification and Validation techniques
- Presentation skills
- Budgeting, Task Organisation, Reporting and planning
- Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering Bachelors Degree.
- Or BTEC qualification with suitable experience
- Chartered status with IMechE or RAes is desirable however not essential.
- Design of equipment for Aerospace or other complex product markets where performance and high reliability are paramount.
- Mechanical engineering techniques.
- Design and Verification I Validation process.
- Aerospace new product introduction.
- In-field product installation support
- Current driving licence.
- Be prepared to travel abroad at short notice.
- Deliver customer presentations
- Carry a company phone and give technical / NPI / Manufacturing out of hours support as required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.