- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Senior Safety/Reliability Engineer
Senior Safety & Reliability Engineer to join a large established engineering company In Cheltenham, working with high integrity control products for the aerospace sector.
The position would involve proactively influencing the development of products to ensure Safety, Testability and R&M principles are implemented and integrated into designs to minimise Whole Life Costs.
- Understand and apply the principles of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability and Testability Engineering in accordance with military and civilian standards, directives and requirements including but not limited to, Def. Stan's 00-40, 42, 44, 45, 56, BSEN 61508, MIL-STD 1629 & 882D, MIL-HDBK 217F, RIAC Derating, ARP4761 & 4754, CS25, ABD0100 as appropriate
- Identify and analyse Safety, Testability, R&M requirements from customers
- Generation of Safety, Reliability, Maintainability, Testability and Supportability plans and case reports
- Safety and Reliability & Maintainability analysis including reliability prediction, FMECA and Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) as part of the design and development activities including development/prototype equipment
- Provide guidance for design for safety, reliability, maintainability and testability within Engineering design teams
- Influence the design and development of engineering solutions to be safe and supportable in accordance with the appropriate safety and supportability codes of practice
- Conduct/co-ordinate Safety, R&M and Supportability reviews of supplier technical documentation
- Identify and agree Safety and Supportability requirements from international legislation, directives and standards that may be outside of the project scope and which may impact upon the business
Expectations, Background and Understanding
- Degree or HNC educated in an engineering or science discipline
- A background in electronics would be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of product development lifecycle and associated requirements
- Understands the importance of delivery performance to cost and schedule
- Experience and understanding of product development practices to ISO9001 & AS9100 Quality standards
- Understanding and experience of data capture in terms of Technical Publications, Training, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) and WLC/LCC would be an distinct advantage
- Understanding and experience of data capture in terms of Technical Publications, Training, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) and WLC/LCC
- Awareness of supportability aspects of a programme
- Experience of identifying Programme and Customer related Supportability requirements
- Experience of Mechanical Engineering Development
For full job description please get in touch.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.