- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Maintenance Technician - Electrical
Electrical biassed Production Maintenance Technician required for Gloabl leading manufacturer
Our client, who are a global leading cable manufacturer, are looking to recruit an experienced Production Maintenance Technician with a Mechanical bias.
This is an excellent opportunity for a time served engineer with a sound foundation in all aspects of engineering specialising in Mechanical disciplines but with a knowledge of Electrical also. They will have good team working and communication skills and be able to organise and prioritise with confidence.
We have an opportunity for a continuous 2 Shift Electrical Maintenance Technician to join the Maintenance team in Eastleigh. The role will be at our production facility in Bishopstoke and involve the following -
* Diagnosing, fault finding and repair of Medium/Heavy industrial plant and machinery.
* Completing preventative maintenance checks and inspections.
* Developing and implementing modifications to improved reliability of plant and machinery.
* Working as a team with manufacturing and maintenance colleagues.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Working to a continuous shift pattern with necessary overtime to cover holidays.
* Adherence to Health & Safety with absolute priority.
Qualifications/Experience in the following
* PLC, Instrumentation and Electronic drives.
* Using software to interface or diagnose faults on plant and machinery.
* Maintenance on large AC and DC motors.
* Risk assessment and safety awareness.
* Machine and Plant lock off procedures.
* Machine and plant drawings.
* Minimum of BTEC ONC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or proven experience.
* Completed a recognised, certificated industrial apprenticeship in Electrical maintenance.
* Significant experience in an industrial maintenance field.
* Self-starter, proactive, prepared to take the initiative and work without direct supervision.
This is a temporary position whilst our client sources a permanent candidate however this person will be considered for a conversion if they demonstrate the right attributes
7am - 3pm (Monday to Friday)
1pm - 9pm (Monday to Friday)
£13.18 per hour + £2.26 per hour shift premium
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.