- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Supplier Quality Engineer
Our Aerospace client are looking for Supplier Quality Engineers to be responsible for establishing supplier approval systems, conducting audits and improving supplier quality performance whilst continuously adhering to quality management systems.
- To manage Quality Improvement activities within the Supply Chain value stream.
- Assess and approve Product, Process and System capabilities externally.
- Conduct Product, Process system and GRP0087 audits and assess suppliers for compliance.
- Work closely with internal manufacturing areas providing assistance and advice on parts transferring outside for part or full completion.
- Work proactively with Supplier's on New Product Introduction either for new or existing designs.
- Work proactively to ensure a seamless transition when parts move or transfer within the Supply Base.
- Manage supplied part product quality issues.
- Assist and coach suppliers to identify Root Causes for identified problems using the 8D approach and, other Quality tools to drive Continuous Improvement and, ensure timely closure of effective Corrective & Preventative Actions.
- Understand and be willing to train and develop Suppliers in FMEA, Statistical Methods, and other quality tools associated with the DVI process.
- Promote and use Lean principles in all activities.
- Understand the basic principle of using Model Based Definition in a manufacturing environment.
- Understand fully the DVI process and, FAI process to the AS9102 and GRP Standards and, have the ability to conduct such reviews at the supplier's premises before component despatch.
- Be a fundamental part of the process of validating, by sealing Supplier Manufacturing Methods.
- Maintain the DK6000 approved vendor database and other databases as appropriate.
- Produce reports where required for supplier performance measures.
Candidate skills & requirements
- The ideal Candidate should be of HNC or graduate calibre and have a thorough knowledge of Quality
- Management System implementation, preferably to the recognised Aerospace Standard - AS9100.
- In addition applicants need to be experienced Auditors, preferably at Lead Assessor level, computer literate and have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Quality principles, standards and procedures.
- Quality, Lean tools, and Problem Solving Methods.
- Product knowledge.
- Behavioural competencies required:
- Team working
You must hold a full driving licence and current passport and have a willingness to travel overseas.
Travel specificity must be able to travel to all continents at short notice.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.