- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
The successful candidate will be responsible for the robust introduction of new processes through Structure changes and includes the maintenance of existing processes and structure ensure product quality is achieved through the assembly process.
Furthermore, all new and existing processes must be time and cost efficient.
Process excellence will be achieved through collaboration with Central Planning, Dept. Project Planning, Production Integration and Engineering. This collaboration will be required during all development phases with overall ownership and control of processes transferring to the Assembly Planner after handover from project.
The Structure Planner has a diverse range of responsibilities including:
- Project Management of all processes through development into the plant process chain.
- Change Management control.
- Repeatability confirmation of all tooling, jigs and fixtures.
- Fool Proofed processes defined and actioned through an FMEA approach.
- Definition of process through standardised work instruction.
- Process compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements.
- Technical equipment selection to comply with latest legal requirements.
- Maintenance of processes to conform to TS16949 requirements.
- Control and management of contractors.
- Effective management of RFQ's for equipment and services from concept through delivery and controlled future maintenance.
- Series planning responsibilities for daily issues in plant, including quality problem management, process adherence, tooling availability and work instruction accuracy.
- Structure and regular communication of activities at all levels.
- Project control and management in line with OEM policies and procedures.
- Understands relevant problem landscape relating to own project. All agreed actions delivered on time against a clearly defined set of requirements.
- Objective and structured prioritisation of daily activities.
- Manages the daily workload in accordance with overall Assembly Targets to provide an effective and efficient Planning process.
- Steering Project Team to ensure that they delivery on time and to agreed standards.
- A proficient user in Planning Systems relating to job role. (E.g. Risk management, Plant Layout, Maintenance and change packages, and Tooling databases).
- Can use high level 3D CAD system(s).
- Ensures concise and transparent information is available and presented at all relevant levels of the business (Associate to Director).
- Willingly supports improvement actions driven by KPI's at UR-T, UR-T-4 and UR-T-4x levels.
- Is the core competence within UR-T-4 for process in area of responsibility and other specialist topics as assigned.
- Proxy activities for Department Manager within the scope of their Job Description.
- Interaction with internal / external customers and key contacts
- Decide best practice for new product introductions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified to degree or HND level in Production / Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent.
- Proven background in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Experienced user in FMEA and Process Instructions.
- Previous experience in Machine capability and Gauge Studies.
- Possesses analytical and data interrogation skills.
- Problem solver capable of coaching others.
- High Level of operational flexibility.
- Extensive knowledge of Manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Fluent English is essential. Working knowledge of German would be extremely beneficial.
- Knowledge of OEM Network and quality systems extremely beneficial.
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience within automotive industry. (Vehicle Assembly and/or component manufacture)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?