- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Flood Risk & Drainage Consultant/Engineer - Bedford
Our client are seeking to recruit a highly motivated individual to lead their local FRM team and deliver a demanding and varied portfolio of work.
Our client are looking for an experienced flood risk and/or drainage engineer with at least 5 years' relevant experience in design and contract management, who is a proven project manager, able to manage small design teams to achieve project deadlines, budget and full CDM compliance . They will be conscientious and show reliability and dedication to delivering technical and community focused projects.
Ideally you will be a Chartered Civil Engineer.
The applicant should have project management experience and be familiar with PRINCE2 and/or Agile approaches to managing projects.
Whilst the position is based in Bedford, the successful candidate is expected to support projects across the company from our other offices in the UK.
Key tasks in this role include:
- Management of a small team undertaking flood risk and drainage projects across London, South East and Anglian Regions
- Support the development of engineering design skills across the company
- Contribute to the management and growth of our clients' FRM Sector, including leading on tender submissions
- Leading and undertaking flood alleviation scheme design
- Leading and undertaking detailed drainage and SuDS design/strategies
- Supporting lead local flood authorities e.g. preparing FRM feasibility studies, outline business cases and local flood alleviation and river restoration scheme design
- Preparation of flood risk assessments and drainage strategies to support planning applications from minor to major developments
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.