- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Software Engineer
An exciting contract opportunity has arisen to work for a leading Automotive Tier1. Successful candidates will have full lifecycle embedded software development experience use of DOORS, Rhapsody and/or UML and MISRA or similar.
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
The successful candidate will develop software designs and implementations to appropriate software quality and safety standards, review software designs and implementations and support system level testing and issue resolution. As the post covers the interaction between software and hardware a broad understanding of a range of engineering disciplines such as electronic hardware and control on top of an understanding of software development for embedded systems will be an advantage.
Essential Personal Characteristics:
- Able to work effectively with a team and with a strong positive attitude.
- 2.1 or better degree in Software / Electronic Engineering or a related discipline.
- Understanding of requirements engineering and experience of tools/method, specifically DOORS
- Understanding of software/systems design and experience of tools/method, specifically UML / Rhapsody
- Experienced in real-time embedded software development (C language).
- Experienced problem solver and trouble shooter
Preferred Personal Characteristics:
- An understanding of analogue & digital electronic hardware.
- Matlab and/or Simulink experience preferably with automatic target code generation.
- Knowledge of safety-critical applications and/or automotive component development & industrialisation.
- Familiarity with Automotive AUTOSAR (desired) SPICE, MISRA or equivalents
- Understanding of CAN-bus communications and diagnostics over CAN
- Six-Sigma Green Belt certified
- Participate in all aspects of the software development, testing and release for a specific application throughout the product lifecycle both internally and with customers and suppliers. (Overseas travel may be required from time to time)
- Translation of customer and internal specifications into software requirements
- Implementation and testing of software requirements to ensure that all software deliverables meet requirements and standards
- Working with the Control Team to develop, simulate, prototype and evaluate new algorithms.
- Provide support for software integration and testing requiring development work on bench rigs and in vehicle.
- To contribute in the relevant areas of ECU and software safety analysis (eg. dFMEA, FTA).
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.