- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Implementation Engineer
Our client is looking for a Senior Implementation Engineer to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is INSIDE IR35 (PAYE or via Umbrella Company)
- 1. Take a pro-active role in ensuring the timely completion and adoption of new development-related highway infrastructure works.
- 2. As representative of the local Highway Authority, to advise developers on implementation, construction and adoption of new, and improvement of existing highway works relating to development including inspection and approval. Where necessary give consideration and approval to temporary traffic management proposals.
- 3. Undertake the vetting of proposed highway works in relation to Section 184/38/278 of the Highways Act 1980.
- 4. Inspect highway works in relation to Section 184/38/278 of the Highways Act 1980. Ensure formal adoption of new highway or existing highways.
- 5. Provide advice on highway matters as required internally and externally including developers and members of the public.
- 6. Ensure that all statutory and discretionary consultation in relation to highway works is undertaken. Ensure that developers follow through all aspects of the consultation process.
- 7. Provide supervision and support, including on the job training and/or allocation and checking of work for quality and quantity, for temporarily assigned or shared employees within the team.
- 8. Assist the drainage team with inspection of developer led sustainable drainage systems.
- 9. Make proposals to improve processes and developing IT applications for more effective service delivery.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Substantial experience in all aspects of inspecting/supervising highway works under construction.
- Experience of vetting Section 38 /S278/S184 proposals submitted by developers.
- Experience of ensuring developers comply with terms and conditions of S38/S278 highways works agreements and/or S184 licences.
- Computer skills with experience of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
- Sound written and numeracy communication skills able to converse with engineering professionals and the like.
Working conditions / environment:
- Site visits if and when required (to live highways and construction sites)
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- 37.5 hours a week
- Monday to Friday
- Flexible working available.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside of 'normal' office hours if required.
- £30.00 - £35.00 p/h LTD via own Limited company and Umbrella Provider (the rate is dependent on candidate experience)
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Sam White directly on 01489898241
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Highways and Transportation industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.