- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Solidity / PQ CAE Engineer
Our client, at the forefront of the electric vehicle revolution has a number of exciting opportunities to join the advanced Engineering Team. Please get in touch if you have automotive CAE experience (Durability, NVH, Thermal, CFD, Safety)
Our client, the next generation car company, is seeking talented engineers to support with the design and development of its brand new range of electric vehicles from concept through to production.
This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of brand new vehicle platforms and to contribute to some of the most ambitious vehicle concepts currently taking place globally.
Develop and optimise body, closures, interior & exterior structures to fulfil vehicle PQ (perceived quality) requirements. Focus will be on developing methods to assess requirements as well as propose and develop new requirements, primarily based on the customer's perceived quality and their usage.
- Build, assemble and analyse complete vehicle and system level finite element models.
- Assess strength & stiffness requirements for body, closures, interior & exterior using the latest CAE methods & tools.
- Develop & optimise body, closures, interior & exterior structures to meet requirements.
- Develop CAE modelling methods, requirements & perform correlation studies with physical test data.
- Assist with defining new requirements and target setting.
- Develop process improvements to enable faster, enhanced, more robust analysis to be performed.
- Work collaboratively in the CAE and Design team located in Oxford as well as the Attribute, CAE & Design teams in China to deliver robust design solutions.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- M.Sc. or higher education in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Extensive and demonstrable experience in the field of PQ at an established OEM.
- Thorough understanding of finite element analysis. MUST have hands-on experience with solvers such as ABAQUS, NASTRAN and OPTISTRUCT. Pre- and post-processing tools like ANSA, META, HYPERMESH and HYPERVIEW.
- Experience with Optimisation & DoE toolsets such as Optistruct, Tosca, Isight & Hyperstudy preferable.
- Working with both metallic and composite structures.
- Demonstrates high levels of personal motivation to join a start-up organisation and sees development opportunity in doing so, takes a proactive approach to self-development.
- Demonstrates alignment to NIO values; Honesty, Care, Vision, Action. Someone who respects and works well with others.
- The ability to maintain the highest standards of confidentiality in all aspects of work.
The benefits package includes but is not limited to:
- Flexible working
- Mobility allowance
- Life assurance
- Annual bonus
- Equity scheme
All salaies are dependant on relevant skills and experience
This isn't just another job. It's an opportunity to join a movement to change the mobility experience for everyone. If you find that as exciting as we do, please contact Dan Tchupan at Matchtech for a full job description and a confidential discussion regarding these opportunities.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.