- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Principal Built Heritage Consultant
Permanent opportunity for a Principal Built Heritage Consultant to join our national client's heritage team in London.
As Principal Built Heritage Consultant you will be responsible for the management and delivery of complex infrastructure and development projects in respect of built heritage and setting. The role is key to our client's heritage team's development and will require the combination of high level technical expertise and knowledge of archaeology and heritage with commercial and business acumen.
As a Principal you will have expert technical knowledge of historic buildings, an understanding of and relevant legislation and planning policy, and in particular best practice and guidance on the assessment of the setting of heritage assets. You will be expected to lead on complex and challenging projects from planning and other consent applications in respect of built heritage, and deliver for EIAs and bespoke strategies and works for developments and infrastructure. Much of your work will need to be able to withstand the test of public inquiry. Preferably, you will have a specialism, skill or area of knowledge that contributes to the development of the team wider business. Working together with the heritage team you will contribute to the strategic development of the heritage services.
Essential knowledge and skills for the position of Principal Built Heritage Consultant include:
- Good technical knowledge of historic buildings, in particular the vernacular buildings and timber-framed buildings etc. and historic landscapes, including designed landscapes
- Understanding of Historic England guidance on the setting of heritage assets
- Understanding of the planning process in respect of cultural heritage
- Full knowledge of the planning process (including EIA) and fully conversant with the relevant environmental / heritage legislation and guidance
- Working familiarity of Microsoft Word
- Computer literate: able to pick up complex computer programmes (eg ArcGIS)
- Full Drivers' Licence
To discuss this position in further detail call Michael Mustoe on 01489 898854. Alternatively you can apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.