- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Technical Project Manager
An exciting opppotunity has arisen for a Technical Project Manager with proven experience of the Product lifecycle and Safety Critical Product Development in the Automotive sector. Candidates will hold PM qualifications Prince 2 or PMP.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join the Mechatronics Core Projects Team. As a key member of the team you will support the Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to ensure that our projects are effectively defined, planned and executed. You will work closely with the Engineering Project Manager and senior management to provide clear communication, status and process to ensure control and timely delivery of our projects.
The role is to project manage the engineering requirements capture, mechatronic design, Integration and verification for the EPS system. The role will employ client business processes to deliver a product that complies with the timing, budget, safety, performance and SPICE requirements, and will coordinate between the system level application teams, the programme management functions and the design engineers.
What you'll do
- Create project definitions and schedules
- Capture updates and drive project to the work breakdown structure & detailed project schedule
- Provide regular metrics & reports describing the status of the project on a range of engineering deliverables
- Manage change within the project, including design changes
- Drive the issue resolution process and enusre effective prioritisation
- Maintain the project Risk Register including plans for mitigation
- Support plannig & monitoring of the project budget for headcount, materials & purchased services
What we are looking for
- Automotive experience or very similar
- Degree in a relevant engineering or business discipline
- Experience of technical lead and/or project management of multi-disciplinary engineering projects
- Good communication & leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively
- Rigorous and positive approach
- Determination to complete tasks and follow process
- Experience of working in an automotive OEM or supplier
- PMI or Prince2 credentials
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems