- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My Aerospace client in Titchfield are urgently seeking a Tester for an ASAP start.
Summary: (This position is for a Late Shift initially - this may be subject to review)
Reporting to a Team Leader. The testing of ball, butterfly, solenoid, non-return valves and Jet pumps using the medium of air/fuel/water/hydraulic fluid.
The electrical testing of contents transmitters, float switches and level sensors using the medium of fuel and water.
All testing to be carried out following the production acceptance test schedules as directed by the team leader.
The maintenance and care of the test rigs and all test adaptors and equipment.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
1. Maintains a safe working environment and adopts a 5S approach to working.
2. Drives and sustains continuous improvement within the cell as defined by my clients standards.
3. Maintains a high standard of housekeeping at all times as defined by the my clients standards.
4. Must be inspection approved in accordance with Quality procedure QA186.
5. Able to understand, follow and carry out fuel, air and water test procedures.
6. Able to complete test reports using handwritten forms and PC tools.
7. Understands methods of manufacture and engineering drawings.
8. Performs visual inspection where necessary.
9. Carry out basic preventative maintenance on test rigs.
10. Assists with problem solving and root cause analysis activities.
11. Competent to train others.
12. Willing to learn.
13. Good level of English and Maths.
Technical aerospace knowledge would be advantageous Previous experience in testing of aviation components would be desirable.
Rates are as follows: (also rise after 12 weeks)
First 37 hours £13.36
Earlies (10%) £14.70
Lates (20%) £16.03
First 37 hours £17.42
Earlies (10%) £19.16
Lates (20%) £20.90
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Filled.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?