- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Control Systems Technician
My client, a leading operator, are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Control Systems Technician to join their team at Fawley Refinery and Chemical Plant.
The largest refinery in the UK, Fawley is a combined refining, lubricants and chemicals manufacturing site which is located on the south coast of England, on the edge of the New Forest National Park.
Job Role Responsibilities:
The Process Control Systems Technician is a hands on role providing maintenance support for the operational process control systems used at the Fawley Site.
The key responsibilities are to work with Control Systems Engineers to proactively maintain and trouble shoot control systems, including:
- Maintenance and / or replacement of failed components
- Installation and upgrade of control system hardware
- Support of project activities, including loop allocations and drawing reviews
The control systems used at the Fawley site are predominantly Honeywell, but also include Microsoft based platforms.
The successful candidate will work with a small team, which is part of the larger Fawley Area Engineering Service (FAES) Department. The FAES Department comprises of approximately 100 multidisciplinary engineers and technicians, and provides technical support across the Fawley refining and petrochemical facility.
To be eligible for this role, you must:
- Be a trade qualified technician, preferably in instrumentation
- Have relevant experience in the maintenance support of industrial control systems in an operational environment. For example PLCs such as Rockwell or Siemens systems; or DCSs, such as Honeywell or Emerson systems
- Have relevant experience of working in an operational environment to high safety standards and utilising work permitting processes, for example in petrochemical, manufacturing, power generation, utilities or water industries.
- 38k (negotiable depending on experience)
- Overtime available
- Defined benefit pension scheme
- Share incentive plan
- Private health care for employees and their families
- Onsite facilities, including a gym
MIT: Instrument, Tech and DCS
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.