- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Highway Maintenance Engineer
Our client has a excitign contract opportunity for a Highway Engineer to contribute to the delivery of the highways and civil engineering works programme.
This role will be a 50/50 split bewteen site and office
Tasks will include:
- Plans and implements civil engineering and highway maintenance schemes and works - prepares tenders, cost estimates, drawings, specifications and associated documents for construction works.
- Carries out surveys, inspections and investigations - sets out and checks works on site.
- Prepares detailed information and working plans required for construction purposes - prepares designs and plans for temporary and permanent works.
- Monitors the progress, quality and workmanship of works under construction.
- Measures and values completed works for record and payment purposes - maintains financial and administrative records and monitors expenditure.
- Assists in the preparation and implementation of detailed works programmes.
- Provides specialist engineering advice.
- Supervises the work of other Engineers, Technicians and support staff as required.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Construction sector growth set to create more jobs
The UK construction sector looks set to grow in the back half of this year and into next. Find out what this means for job o...
- HS2 plans to recruit more women and ethnic minority engineers
The Year of Engineering is the perfect time to create a more diverse workforce. Here’s how the government proposes to use HS...