- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Project Manager required with strong knowledge of CATIA
Our client is looking for an individual to Project Manage the upgrading of their CAD system (CATIA V5 to V6) and to migrate data from SmarTeam to 3Dx.
Transitioning to CATIA V6 and 3Dx is a global project, but the Project Manager will be required to work specifically on the implementation of these systems at their site near Bristol.
On site there are currently 40+ CAD and ancillary users so this role will involve working with our Global CAD team as well as a local team to ensure a successful implementation and transition.
Details of the tasks to manage would include:
- Analysis of current data
- Strategy and plan to achieve cleansing of current data to ensure successful data migration
- Current hardware assessed and upgraded if required (for all affected users not just core CAD users)
- Review of architecture to support the change in software (servers, network etc)
- Management of testing (including the need to understand what impact this change will have on the business and day-to-day working i.e. productivity or efficiency losses or improvements need to be understood)
- Review and update / creation of procedures (existing internal / global procedures and identifying new required procedures)
- Creation of local migration strategy
- Creation of mastership strategy for how / when to transfer mastership from V5/SmarTeam to V6/3Dx
- Develop training strategy, logistics and plan
An important aspect of the role is to fully understand the potential impact to the business and governance of the project. The chosen person will manage this project from cradle-to-grave and be expected to communicate effectively to all levels of the business and ensure 'buy in' from all employees across the site
Suitable candidates will have a proven Project Management background as well a successful track record of previous CAD / PDM migration projects.
This role is forecasted to take 6-12 months to complete
Up to £32.00 per hour (PAYE) dependent upon experience
Up to £41.00 per hour (LTD) dependent upon experience
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Project Manager
- Heathrow expansion promises job opportunities for engineers
After the cabinet backed the plans for a third runway at Heathrow, we look at the job opportunities the expansion will creat...