- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our key client that specialises in first class, business class and premium economy interiors for commercial aircraft currently have an opportunity for a Weights Engineer at their site in Cwmbran, South Wales.
- To ensure current designs are interrogated for total mass properties according to project schedule.
- Fully support the engineering team to implement weight optimisation processes.
- To maintain project weight tracking document to schedule.
- Ensure mass calculation tools are robust and its use is enforced.
- Continuously improve mass properties tools and methodologies.
- Understand and enforce set of CAD model/product structure criteria to ensure weights are accurate.
- Review checklists and Detailed Design Specifications
- Provide technical support and KPI's to support the business unit.
Key Requirements: Qualified to a minimum of HNC/HND or an equivalent qualification in an Engineering field, the successful candidates will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good 3D Catia V5 background but further training will be provided if required.
- A good understanding of Smarteam structure and procedures.
- Good mechanical engineering skills ideally from an Aerospace background, but from any field with transferable skills - mechanism design, machined parts, composite structures, vacuum formed plastics etc.
- Good oral and written communication - must be a competent user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Good mathematical/numerical skills to generate cost and weight data KPI's.
- Self-motivated and capable of independent decision making and managing time to meet project schedule.
- A proven track record of effective design and on time/cost delivery of projects.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?