- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Principle Design Engineer
Are you looking for your next step within the Aerospace Industry?
Reporting to the Design and Analysis Manager, the role is required in support of the continuation and increase of activities. The role will propose and agree Design conceptual studies, co-ordinate the technical quality of offload activities, to act as the design Technical focal and mentor for the team in from of the customer, check and approved design deliverable and improve technical efficiency. The candidate will be expected to write design reports without supervision and identify and author Design work packages for completion by approved outsourced design teams.
The role requires:
- A practising expert in a technical engineering discipline
- Coaching engineers in theoretical and real life best practice
- Representing the Company as a technical expert in both internal and external projects
- Advising the Company of appropriate technical developments to take Engineering forwards
- Influencing the Aerospace community in appropriate technological developments
Candidate skills & requirements
- A strong general Mechanical Engineering knowledge gained over several years, able to work autonomously with little supervision in this role.
- Ideally will have knowledge of Aerospace materials and manufacturing processes and hold an appreciation of how this knowledge is applicable to the Design process in terms of fatigue and stress limitations.
- Will have strong commercial Catia v5 experience, ideally on Airbus programs and have specific Landing Gear structural design experience.
- This role requires Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) experience in order to be able to define and communicate acceptable engineering tolerances within the design process.
- Catia v5 experience
- Landing Gear structural design experience
- Building & Maintaining
- Business Awareness
- Applying & Anticipating
- Maximising Performance
Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Personal Drive
- Team Working
- A minimum of a relevant HND qualification (Engineering) is required however a B.Sc Degree in a relevant subject is preferable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?