- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Cell Team Leader
Our successful and growing Engineering Company are looking to recruit a Cell Team Leader to join their business.
The successful Cell Team Leader will look after a team of 7 technicians ensuring the products assembled in the cell are assembled, tested and completed to specification. The Cell Team Leader will also make sure the team meet and exceed the daily requirements set by the production manager / Business whilst maintain the highest quality standards. The Cell Team Leader will also provide expert technical guidance & instructions as required to the cell and display best practice at all times.
* Working to Engineering drawings and following any relevant processes
* Adhere to the relevant quality procedures
* Using appropriate test facilities
* Capable of performing any process or function within the manufacturing cell. including;
o Assembly builds
o Hydrostatic/air testing for product conformity, as well as other product type testing.
o Machining (Manual / bespoke work)
o SAP system transactions.
* Working with production Engineering
* Informing Production manager of events impacting schedule
* Supporting creation of Standardized Operations (SOP's) for manufacturing methods
* Training of staff, or team, to carry out working activities using standard instructions and best practices that ensure product meets customer specifications and deadlines.
o Provide technical training for area personnel
o Provide input on training material development
o Meet and maintain training requirements
o Develop and maintain personal development plan for themselves & Team
o Ensure that the Teams development need are captured and training plans discussed with the Production Manager.
* Lead Senior Technicians & Technicians in daily work.
* Using a variety of measuring equipment to verify product conformance
* To play an active part in the pursuance of continuous improvement relating to the methods and processes employed.
* Control, operate and maintain stock control systems as appropriate
* Support continuous improvement deployment through active participation on Lean Events, Workshops and Continuous Improvement activities.
* Ensure labour costs are accurately booked to the production order on the system, any quality work is correctly booked to rework quality orders. Any deviations from routed time is flagged and recorded by team leader, relay actual timings to production Engineers, suggest and implement any improvements.
* Proven experience in an engineering manufacturing environment.
* Time served apprenticeship within a manufacturing / production environment.
* NVQ / HNC / HND qualifications preferred in an Engineering discipline.
* Ideally previous experience leading a team.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.