- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Cell Team Leader
Our successful and growing Engineering Company are looking to recruit a Cell Team Leader to join their business.
The successful Cell Team Leader will look after a team of 7 technicians ensuring the products assembled in the cell are assembled, tested and completed to specification. The Cell Team Leader will also make sure the team meet and exceed the daily requirements set by the production manager / Business whilst maintain the highest quality standards. The Cell Team Leader will also provide expert technical guidance & instructions as required to the cell and display best practice at all times.
- Working to Engineering drawings and following any relevant processes
- Adhere to the relevant quality procedures and requirements, and participate in events/ investigations as necessary
- Using appropriate test facilities, perform required tests to the relevant specification recording results as necessary
- Capable of performing any process or function within the manufacturing cell. including;
- Assembly builds
- Hydrostatic/air testing for product conformity, as well as other product type testing.
- Machining (Manual / bespoke work)
- SAP system transactions.
- Working with production Engineering to Troubleshoot and resolve production related issues
- Informing Production manager of events impacting schedule
- Review manufacturing documentation to ensure compliance
- Carry out work in a safe manner, notifying management of safety issues and risks
- Supporting creation of Standardized Operations (SOP's) for manufacturing methods and ensuring SOP's are adhered by all team members.
- Training of staff, or team, to carry out working activities using standard instructions and best practices that ensure product meets customer specifications and deadlines.
- Provide technical training for area personnel
- Provide input on training material development
- Meet and maintain training requirements
- Develop and maintain personal development plan for themselves & Team
- Ensure that the Teams development need are captured and training plans discussed with the Production Manager.
- Lead Senior Technicians & Technicians in daily work.
- Using a variety of measuring equipment to verify product conformance
- Work with customer third party inspectors in the compliance to inspection test procedures.
- To play an active part in the pursuance of continuous improvement relating to the methods and processes employed.
- Control, operate and maintain stock control systems as appropriate
- Movement of materials, tools and equipment as necessary to support cell function, workloads.
- Support continuous improvement deployment through active participation on Lean Events, Workshops and Continuous Improvement activities.
- Ensure labour costs are accurately booked to the production order on the system, any quality work is correctly booked to rework quality orders. Any deviations from routed time is flagged and recorded by team leader, relay actual timings to production Engineers, suggest and implement any improvements.
Education / Experience
- Proven experience in an engineering manufacturing environment.
- Time served apprenticeship within a manufacturing / production environment.
- NVQ / HNC / HND qualifications preferred in an Engineering discipline.
- Ideally previous experience leading a team.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.