- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Plant Layout Engineer
Matchtech's client requires a Plant Layout Engineer to joint their team in Bristol, supporting design and procurement activities for the EPR reactors at the nuclear new build project at Hinkley Point C.
The Plant Layout Engineer assists the building leader in the technical coordination, production and monitoring of layout engineering studies for one or more buildings by proposing technical solutions.
General layout engineering:
- Receives the input data for the layout engineering of the building (Process & Instrumentation Diagrams, equipment data, cable list, electrical load list, etc.), analyses them and verifies their technical consistency
- Carries out layout engineering or makes proposals to improve the layout
- Lays out the various mechanical and electrical equipment
- Design the pipes, HVAC ducts and electrical cable trays in the 3D model. This role with have a particular focus on layout of pipework
- Carries out an initial check of the consistency between the process & instrumentation diagrams and the 3D model
- Writes the related technical documents (progress reports, equipment introduction note, change impact analysis, design procedures, etc.)
- Issues the layout drawings to the various teams and coordinates their layout activities by ensuring compliance with the layout rules
Progress monitoring and change management:
- Manages and monitors the modifications requested by the various engineering teams
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points
- Regularly carries out layout engineering reviews (with all the engineering teams involved)
- Prepares a regular status report on the model in the light of the latest input data
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Training & Experiences:
- Degree qualified in appropriate technical discipline
- Experience in one or several areas of engineering: piping engineering, mechanical, HVAC, safety etc
- Good knowledge and understanding of general layout rules for an industrial project. Knowledge of the general operation of a nuclear power station and the associated safety aspects (in particular, aspects relating to flooding, fire, radiological protection, high energy line ruptures, etc.)
Software and tools:
- Microsoft Word/Excel
- Good knowledge of PDMS (or any 3D design software)
- Autocad 2D
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- The skills it takes to become a 3D Modeller in rail
With projects such as HS2 and Crossrail demanding niche engineering skills such as 3D Modelling, ED Murison, Senior Rail Spe...