- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Mechanical Development Engineer - 1 Year Fixed Term Contract
Our client has an opportunity for a Mechanical Development Engineer to join their team on a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good Computer Skills, Excel, Word, Outlook and Visio.
- Good organisation, project management and communication skills.
- Creation and maintenance of technical documentation.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical drafting standards and best practices.
- Ability to use hand measuring equipment.
- Demonstrated understanding of sheet metal design and manufacturing processes (Design for manufacture).
- Experience with defining, creating and analysing designs from concept to completion.
- Proficient use of Solidworks modules for mechanical sheet metal design, plastics design/modification, drafting and file management (ePDM Works).
- ERP (Enterprise resource planning) software knowledge (Syspro or similar) advantageous.
- Creation and maintaining of BOM's and work instruction documentation.
- Understanding of Engineering change control process.
- 2.2 Degree or a minimum of 3 years relevant industrial experience.
- Sheet metal cabinet design and fabrication knowledge is highly advantageous.
- Create piece part and assembly drawings for quotes, manufacturing, assembly, and quality control.
- Support Senior Engineer in development and Improvement of current product line.
- Provide technical support to Manufacturing department for assembly and completion of product line.
- In process quality verification and support from vendor liaison through to final production.
- Provide support to Sales department for concepts, drawings, etc.
- Provide support to vendors and customers on design related topics.
- Assist/Backup/Proof the creation, maintenance, and publishing of technical documents/product manuals for all product lines.
- Create & maintain item and master BOM's for all product lines.
- Manage engineering change control process.
- Provide support to Sales & Marketing and other departments when needed, including training manuals, graphics projects and marketing materials.
- Capable of identifying creative solutions to unique situations.
- Extreme sense of urgency with a hands-on approach and ability to react quickly to get things done.
- Willingness to adapt to rapidly changing environment and new challenges.
- Plan, organise and coordinate assigned tasks to ensure accomplishment of financial/budgetary/strategic goals.
- Ability to efficiently manage time, resources and expense budget.
- Some international travel on occasion.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?