- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Mechanical Engineering Team Leader
Our client is a successful and growing business specializing in intelligent and innovative systems. They are looking for a Mechanical Engineering Team Leader to join their growing business.
To lead the Mechanical Design Engineering development, prototype manufacturing & implementation engineers. Assume the role of Hardware Engineering Lead on projects, point of escalation and leader of the team development programs and improvement programs.
The teams being lead will comprised of a mixture of experience levels and development levels and will demand a 50/50 technical project / leadership split of the Team Leaders time.
Writing sub-system Requirements and the management of them forms part of the role. As well as the leading of medium to high value project pieces of work involving other team members and non-engineers within the company.
This role will demand the line management of approximately 4 engineers up to and including Senior Engineer level.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise and monitor a team of engineers as necessary and take full technical responsibility and accountability for designs produced by supervised engineers.
- Responsible for leading the Design team ensuring they meet the requirements of projects.
- Develop permanent members of the team, in line with companywide development plans, strategic goals and Individual Development Plans (IDP) where required
- Assist with recruitment as and when required
- Act as delegate for the Mechanical Engineering Manager, as required.
- Responsibility for Mechanical Design Engineering to fulfill customer or development requirements, through design, component specification, prototype, testing and full documentation stages.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to management during contract negotiation phases.
- Assist where needed to provide commercial input or technical into detailed estimates of design content of proposals and development programs and assist in the compiling of manufacturing cost estimates, and manage resources in their direct reports to achieve these plans.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and proposals to customers.
- Liaise with and report to management on performance to timescales and budgets on specific projects, where this involves their direct reports.
- Travel to customer's site to perform or supervise commissioning and acceptance tests. Also to provide after sales technical support on site or supervise such activities as requested.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Skills knowledge and experience:
- Previous experience in a senior/supervisory role.
- Extensive 3D/2D CAD Design experience
- AutoCAD version 2002 and 2009 creating 2D drawings
- MS Office - Advanced user
- Test and evaluation of prototypes
- Management of a team
- Significant previous experience of designing revenue collection equipment, vending machines or special purpose machinery would be highly desirable.
- Extensive experience in a Mechanical Design environment
- Membership of or working towards membership of an Engineering Professional body.
- Industrial design / rapid concept design experience.
- Previous experience of producing component, wiring and schematic diagram drawings.
Education and qualifications
- Minimum HND/HNC in a relevant engineering field, or equivalent supported by relevant design experience of extensive duration.
- BEng / MEng / MSc in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant engineering field, with relevant years of significant previous experience.
- PRINCE 2 Qualified
- Chartered Engineer, or working towards Chartered Status - CEng or equivalent
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.