- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Ada Software Engineer x2
Two Software Engineers are required to join our defence client based in the North West. Rates are available in Limited/Umbrella/PAYE.
The Aircrew Training Simulation Systems Software Team currently develop simulation products in support of aircrew training for the Typhoon aircraft. Utilising Agile Development Processes and Techniques, the work will typically involve production of software design and code through to integration testing and support.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering simulation software representing one or more Typhoon subsystems.
The candidate will typically possess an ordinary degree in terms of formal education and through employment will have gained experience of the full software development lifecycle employing the majority of the software skills listed below;
- Experience of requirements capture and traceability e.g. DOORS
- Experience of Software designs using an appropriate design tool/methodology e.g UML, Artisan etc.
- Experience of Programming in Ada and experience of related software development environments e.g. GPS (GNAT)
- Experience within one of the Typhoon software design teams is desirable, as is previous experience of software development for flight simulators
or experience of modelling complex system behaviour.
- Knowledge of Agile software development processes, MIL-STD-498 and LCM (Lifecycle Management) would be advantageous as would previous experience working in an environment using configuration control tools such as Dimensions or Rational Clearcase.
- Good communication skills will be required in order to liaise efficiently with the customer and aircraft design teams with regard to perceived problems/accuracy of the supplied product.
Good analytical skills will also be required to analyse high level requirements from a variety of sources and produce maintainable software design, code and test documentation.
There may be a requirement for short periods of time to be spent working at customer Main Operating bases in the countries of the Eurofighter Typhoon partner companies and also at potential export customer sites. Shift working at the customer operating bases may also be required during integration testing of the simulator.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.