- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
A new opportunity has arisen with our client, for an experienced CAD Technician to join their team and work on a variety of civil projects, including highways, infrastructure and structural projects.
This opportunity is ideal for an technician looking for some variety and challenging projects, as well as development in their career to gain new skills and expand their expertise.
The major of the projects are involved with working on major highway projects, as well as drainage, infrastructure, structural, geotechnical and lighting aspects of projects.
- Working with the CAD Team Leader, producing quality designs for various projects.
- Produce accurate drawings, and supporting other areas of the business.
- Apply BIM standards
- Liaise with Engineers to gain a greater understanding of their requirements.
- Keep up to date with AutoCAD technology.
- Mentoring junior staff, and supporting Engineer to achieve successful outcomes
- Experience working on highway / structural / infrastructure projects would be ideal.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, and desirably experience with AutoTrack, KeyLines, KeySigns etc.
- Able to work as a member of a team, and support others.
- Good communicational skills, and able to liaising effectively with other teams.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Civil Engineering
- Video: Why HS2 will be career defining for engineers
In our short video, Matchtech’s HS2 expert, Graham Day, explains what the project is all about and the career opportunities...
- The skills it takes to become a 3D Modeller in rail
With projects such as HS2 and Crossrail demanding niche engineering skills such as 3D Modelling, ED Murison, Senior Rail Spe...