- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Due to an increasing project workload, our client are looking for Senior Quantity Surveyor to support them initially on a 6 month contract basis for work primarily out of their base in Surrey.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will mainly be responsible for managing the commercial aspect of schemes, from the site start up to the final account. You will seek to manage project costs and enhance value as part of the site team, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
- Supporting and mentoring of Assistant/Intermediate Quantity Surveyors
- Maximise profitability on contracts
- Monitoring contract costs against budgets
- Identifying potential risks and evaluate options for control
- Preparation of estimates
- Procurement of sub-contractors, including preparation of sub contract documents
- Assessment and certification of interim and final payments to subcontractors
- Preparation and agreeing main contract variations
- Assist in the preparation of documents for resolution of disputes (adjudications / arbitrations and the like)
- Ensure all work complies with quality, safety and environmental policies and the requirements of the company procedure
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will be able to demonstrate innovative approaches to problem solving and the ability to negotiate across the various levels of any construction environment as well as handle the financial and mathematical demands of the role by possessing impressive numeracy skills.
The ideal candidate will have significant demonstrable experience of NEC form of contract and experience of working across a range of Civil Engineering projects.
RICS or ICES would be desirable.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.