- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Embedded Software Engineering Team Lead
Our client are a leading oil and gas technology business. They have an exciting requirement for an experienced embedded software engineer to join them in a team leadership role.
This project requires an experienced embedded software developer to lead a small team in their goal to deliver the project on-time and within budget. Reporting to the software manager the role will cover the management of the full software life cycle, from influencing initial design/development, to the installation and deployment and forward into the future developments and support of the ever growing product range.
- Work in a safe, responsible and cost effective manner, in full compliance with the company's safety manuals, Quality Assurance System and code of conduct.
- Work with the software manager to determine scope, planning and scheduling of software development tasks.
- Develop ideas, design, and code for software components used in the range of products.
- Produce accurate and effective design documentation to support the implementation and test of system components.
- Ensure the development of efficient and accurate software components utilising coding standards and best practises, to high levels of quality and maintainability in accordance with development methodology and release processes.
- Attend meetings relating to aspects of the business which require engineering contribution.
- As and when appropriate, identify and specify third party software, e.g. development, configuration, monitoring, and test tools.
- Assist in the development and continuous improvement of departmental and company processes and procedures.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications:
- A degree in engineering (or equivalent experience), combined with practical experience of software development, specifically:
- Good knowledge of C/C++ in embedded systems.
- Experience of leading a software development team.
- Some knowledge of C# would be preferable.
- Good knowledge of software design using UML.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, and able to work independently or as part of the wider engineering team.
- Experience of small volume high value product development.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.