- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My client is looking to recruit an Ecological Consultant to join their multidisciplinary team in London and assist with the delivery of a range of ecological services.
This role will include project management and technical input on Preliminary Ecological Appraisals, Phase 2 Protected Species Surveys, Ecological Mitigation Plans and Green Infrastructure design.
The role would entail management of ecology projects; many of which would involve multiple protected species in complex scenarios. Alongside fieldwork, the successful candidate would be responsible for tender production, client liaison, financial management and project programming. There would also be opportunities to support on unique urban biodiversity projects, such as ecological monitoring of living roofs and green infrastructure strategy production.
My client is a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy known for providing innovative and bespoke ecological solutions. They have a wealth of experience across a range of sectors and through all stages of planning, development and corporate sustainability.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate that they are:
- Ideally 2-4 years of professional experience;
- Graduate (MSc desirable) in a relevant scientific degree (ecology, biology, environmental science or similar);
- Member of CIEEM (gradCIEEM minimum, ACIEEM desirable);
- Highly organised and motivated individual;
- Based in or around London and have access to a car with full driver's licence;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Enthusiastic about nature conservation;
- Available to work flexible hours to support on ecology surveys;
- Possess sound knowledge of UK wildlife legislation;
- Experienced in ecological surveying, particularly for bats, GCN and reptiles;
- Hold a European protected species licence for bats, GCN and/or dormice (desirable); and
- Experience/knowledge of green infrastructure and working with urban biodiversity (desirable).
The successful candidate would be based in our London office between Waterloo and London Bridge although will involve a large amount of travel (mostly within London and the south-east).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.