- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
3D Analysis Engineer
To provide structural and multi-body dynamic (MBD) analysis support to engineering programmes and to support the analysis team.
Would you like to take on assignments with a high level of responsibility?
- To perform multi-body dynamic analysis of engine systems to support project and customer requirements.
- To carry out analyses using Multi-Body Dynamic techniques combined with hand calculations, spreadsheets, and Finite Element analyses where required to support these calculations.
- To liaise with customers, project teams and sub-contractors and represent the Predictive Analysis Department at Project meetings when required.
- To present results and recommendations of the analysis to the customer.
- To help prepare quotations and develop timing plans.
- To monitor project progress and provide feedback to the Head of Analysis.
- To provide guidance to other members of the analysis team offering coaching and support where necessary.
- To help develop the companies MBD analysis capabilities.
Impress us - with your professional and personal skills.
- A BEng or HNC in Mechanical, Automotive or Aerospace Engineering is desirable, OR
- 2 'A' Levels coupled with some experience in Engineering, OR
- An Engineering Apprenticeship coupled with some experience in Engineering
- Membership of a Professional Body is desirable
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of engineering preferably gained within an automotive environment
- Extensive experience of applying Predictive Analysis techniques in an engineering environment
- Experience of performing Multi-Body Dynamic analysis and FE analysis
- Knowledge and working experience of quality systems and procedures is advantageous
- A high level of computer literacy
- Knowledge of general engineering fundamentals
- Good knowledge of multi-body analysis techniques
- A high level of proficiency in a major multi-body dynamics analysis code, preferably AVL/Excite
- Working knowledge of a major finite element analysis code, preferably Abaqus
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Spatial awareness
- Ability to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of a CAD system, preferably Pro/Engineer or IDEAS Master Series.
- Basic programming and operating system skills, e.g.Visual Basic, Fortran, Pascal, Windows, Unix, Linux.
- Report writing and time management skills
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Confidence to communicate effectively at all levels
- Must be self motivated and possess the drive to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict time constraints
- Flexibility and willingness to travel to customer sites
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...
- The new skills automotive companies are seeking from engineers
A revolution is taking place in the automotive industry and as a result, the skills employers are looking for in engineers a...