- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Planning Policy Officer
Our Kent based client is looking for a Planning Policy Officer to join their team on a 3 -6 month contract
Purpose of Job
To be a member of a team of professional and technical officers undertaking the Council's responsibilities for the preparation of the development plan and other planning policy documents under the Planning Acts and related legislation. To research and provide such other information as is required for the attainment of the Borough Council's spatial planning objectives, including data collection and monitoring of development and other information to support the work of the Spatial Policy Team, the Planning Service and the Council.
- To contribute to the preparation of the statutory development plan by researching issues and proposing policies in support of the work of the team.
- To carry out surveys and utilise existing databases and information sources to maintain and develop monitoring systems, identifying trends in the borough, and to provide information from these sources to inform the Annual Monitoring Report and other analyses towards the achievement of planning objectives.
- To contribute to the progress of the development plan through the statutory processes including public consultation exercises and public examination in a supporting capacity.
- To research and contribute to evidence and reports for consideration by Council committees and to attend such meetings if required.
- To contribute to preparation of evidence for submission to planning appeal inquiries and hearings and Independent Examinations and to attend such examinations as required.
- To undertake consultation, information sharing and liaison with other local authorities, government departments, statutory undertakers, developers and their agents, and the public.
- Commitment to the Council's Strategic Plan
This contract will run for 3 - 6 months and the rate will be between £25 and £32/h ltd/umbrella.
The role is inside IR35.
For more information or to apply, please call Daniel Baker on 01489 898 975 or apply via this advert.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.