- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Assistant Project Manager
Southern Water are looking for 2 assistant project managers to join their above ground waste water construction team. Both positions will be based from their offices in Falmer, Brighton.
Key Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for assisting Project Managers in the Above Ground Waste Water Process Team in the successful delivery of a programme of projects within an agreed geographic area, as measured against scope, time, budget, quality, customer service, environmental, and Health & Safety requirements.
- Undertake all duties and responsibilities and exhibit the highest regard for health, safety and the environment.
- Ensure individual schemes are completed to meet business targets relating to cost, time, quality and regulatory criteria.
- Day to day management of issues relating to delivery of schemes or projects under the post holder's area of responsibility.
- Ensure that schemes or projects are delivered to the design and specification criteria as specified by Asset Management.
- Agree commissioning, take-over, completion and final certification criteria with Contractors and Operations. Ensure completion paperwork is completed in good time.
- Regularly visit sites and record progress - discuss issues with contractors and agree ways to resolve.
- Take a proactive approach to enhancing the customer experience, both internal and external, including pre-work communications, prompt ownership and resolution of issues, progress updates, post project reviews and other initiatives.
- Assist Project Managers in adhering to governance procedures relating to environmental permitting, cost management, programme, progress reporting, risks, change control and construction contracts.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with contractors, other members of the team, other business contacts and key stakeholders.
Key Skills / Knowledge / Qualifications / Experience:
- Good understanding of Southern Water structure and operations.
- Preferred relevant experience in water or utility industry, but more importantly, a demonstrable attitude and willingness to learn.
- Relevant qualifications in Project Management (e.g. APM) or Engineering (e.g. HNC, NVQ, graduate).
- Proficient IT, analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to self- motivate and manage multiple work-streams.
- Able to work in a team, whilst possessing influencing skills, promoting creative thinking, and ability to drive change and continuous improvement.
- Ability to drive to sites is vital.
- Direct reports: None
- Indirect reports: None
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Water
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?
- Top jobs for civil engineering graduates
If you've just finished your engineering degree and are looking for that first step into the industry, read our article whic...