- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Assistant Commercial Manager
Having recently been appointed to provide Commercial Services on the Lower Thames Crossing, one of Highways England's Complex Smart Motorway Programme, my client is looking for a candidated to join the team as an Assistant Commercial Manager.
The Lower Thames Crossing, or Third Thames Crossing, is a proposed new crossing of the Thames estuary linking the county of Kent with the county of Essex through Thurrock. The route was confirmed on 12 April 2017 by Transport Secretary Chris Grayling. It is designed to relieve the pressure on the existing A282 Dartford Crossing. After consideration, changes have been made to the plan to make it less obtrusive- the junction with the A226 has been eliminated, and the upgrade extended to the M2, junction 1.
The Delivery Team will provide the commercial management expertise directly to Highways England that will help progress the scheme through the next phase of development, and to completion of the DCO.
Being part of the Commercial Team will see you:
- Working collaboratively with Highways England's Project and PMO teams, the Technical Partner and other suppliers engaged in delivering the scheme
- Advising the Project Manager in the administration of contracts
- Ensuring that budget management and reporting for the scheme is robust, complete and accurate
- Working with others to identify risk and opportunities and ensure mitigation measures are established and implemented
- Identifying, evaluating and reporting efficiencies
Ideal candidate experience:
- Experience of working on civil engineering projects in the UK or overseas, preferably in highway construction or maintenance.
- A working knowledge of NEC 3, and collaborative working relationships
- Experience working within commercial management teams on major infrastructure projects in the last 5 years
- Hands on experience of the development phase of major projects would be an advantage
- Membership or working towards professional membership of ICES, RICS or other professional body.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.