- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Project Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidates will have a Mechanical Engineering background with experience in pumps and valves.
The successful candidate will ensure the successful co-ordination of "End to End" projects ranging from Spare parts through to complex turnkey solutions, ensuring OTD, managing customer expectations and internal / external suppliers.
The successful candidate will work with the Service & Repair workshop manager to coordinate the appropriate resources and hold them accountable to delivery dates and key milestones within each project.
- Identify business and projects risks during the proposal and bid process
- Coordination and direction of all departments to ensure On Time Delivery (OTD) for all projects and spares
- Providing resolution for problems
- Reporting on project status to the business, internal and external customers
- Accounting for project cost, time and budget
- Assist the Head of Industrial Sales and Service & Repair Workshop manager with the management of project teams
- Working to mitigate programme risks
- Maintain business Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Business Systems (SAP)
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Business Administration ((or equivalent)Preferred but not essential)
- Self driven and good people management skills.
- Ability to relate and work with diverse people from different cultures.
- Experience of and working with a multi disciplinary team approach.
- Project engineering experience with sound knowledge of production planning and scheduling.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Computer Literacy, with sound knowledge of Microsoft packages icluding MS Project.
- Self motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and complete contracts on time.
- Understanding and working knowledge of financial costing and customer quotations.
- Strategic agility.
- Sound management and business acumen.
- Service driven, innovative; reliable and assertive
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- 6 qualities of a successful Production Supervisor
What does it take to become a successful Production Supervisor? Louise Lees, Maritime Recruitment Specialist, describes the...
- STEM Returners: creating new talent pools in STEM
Women’s Engineering Society (WES) have partnered up with The Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarES...