- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Engineering Lead / Manager
Excellent opportunity for either a Senior Engineering Manager or Engineering Leader with Power Electronics experience. Opportunity to lead all technology teams within a smaller business unit of a global player.
The position shall provide senior technical support for the organisation and create an atmosphere of cooperation and competency with international contracts, customer contacts, and employees. Successful applicants will be required to lead a team of engineers, developing solutions for use in real time automotive applications. Work covers parts of the product lifecycle, from developing new ideas and concepts, and requirements capture, through to final testing and entering into production
The Senior Engineering Lead provides senior technical support to the engineering team, including the following duties:
1. Play a key role in recruiting, training, leading, mentoring and developing the engineering team
2. Provide an interface with the senior engineering management in head office
3. Implements methods of communication to enhance technical collaboration across sites
4. Provide technical direction for engineering project teams
5. Manage local technical escalation of projects
6. Play a key role in the management of technical documentation
7. Preparation of technical presentations and reports
8. Represent the company in customer facing engineering meetings
9. Performs other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
Must have experience and skills in ALL of these areas below:
1. Experience in a fast paced engineering environment
2. Experience of product design from concept to production
3. Experience of power electronics products, namely motor inverters, DCDC Converters and/ or high power (>10kW power supplies)
4. Managing teams to deliver projects within timescales, to budget and to specification.
Desirable experience and skills:
1. Knowledge of electric motor control applications or electric/ hybrid vehicle systems
2. Experience with unit and integration testing
3. Experience in developing systems to ISO26262 standards
4. Use of analysis tools such as FMEA, FEA, CFD
5. Development to relevant standards such as REG10, REG100m ISO16750, CISPR25, EN61800
6. Mass production (>10k units per annum)
7. Common microcontroller architectures (Infineon, Aurix or XMS family)
8. Mechanical design and CAD tools (SolidWorks)
1. Enthusiastic, flexible, honest, and keen approach to learning etc.
2. Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate with all members of the organization up and down, as well as internal and external customers
3. Structured individual with good problem solving skills
4. Strong leadership skills and a desire to develop a world class team of engineers with the ability to inspire them
5. Pro-Active approach taking ownership of projects
6. Demonstrate resilience under pressure and prioritise work accordingly in a timely manner
7. Flexibility to travel in UK and overseas
1. Minimum of BEng (Hons) / BSc in Electrical and Electronic or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent 2:1 or higher grade
2. Relevant Professional Experience:
3. Relevant professional experience
Power Electronics exposure
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems