- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Our client is an established cable manufacturer and they are looking for a Design Engineer to join their business.
The Design & Applications Engineering team support both the Trade & Installers and Utilities businesses, working with Aberdare, Bishopstoke and Wrexham factories. The Cable Design Engineer has responsibility for providing the technical aspects for new tenders to Customers, for generation of costs for new designs and for generating the cable manufacturing instructions in SAP on receipt of orders.
The Design engineer will also provide product technical support to customers and to the Sales/Marketing function, including liaising with Customers at all levels. Short duration travel in the UK may occasionally be required.
Outline of Main Responsibilities
- The preparation of cable designs and supporting information for tendering, including datasheets, technical schedules and specification compliance documents.
- Liaison with Customers, both technical and non-technical, to promote the company and to address queries on cable design, ratings and installation issues.
- Support and close liaison with the Commercial department, who have the responsibility for tender bids, contracts and marketing.
- Preparation & management of product design information to enable costing & manufacturing, including close liaison with the factories process engineering teams.
- Educated preferably up to degree level or similar in a relevant Engineering subject.
- A high degree of numeracy, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Product knowledge including cable manufacturing processes would be advantageous, but suitable training will be provided.
- IT skills in MS Office necessary. Experience with SAP or CA would be advantageous but suitable training will be provided.
- Applicants should be customer and service focussed and able to communicate at all levels, with both technical and non-technical people.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.