- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
Principal/ Senior Ecologist
My client is looking for a Senior/ Principal Ecologist to join their team either in Central London/ West Sussex.
- Experience of writing EIA chapters
- Good understanding of ecological risk management
- Ability to develop and take responsibility for client relationships and building business
- Commercial awareness and an understanding of the of bidding and job winning process
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Proven experience in managing and undertaking habitat surveys and protected species surveys, with excellent identification and botanical skills.
- Hold protected species licences (bats and great crested newt) and have experience in preparing licence applications
- Experience in the design, specification and site implementation of ecological mitigation
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of ecological legislation and current best practice / policy
- Good presentation and training skills. Excellent report writing and review skills
- Knowledge of habitat creation and management techniques
- In addition to the above, you would be expected to be able to demonstrate working experience in some of the following technical areas:
- An understanding of expert witness work
- An understanding of relevant volumes of the Highway's Agency Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
- Chartered Ecologist status
- Work experience on rail projects
- Work experience on river/coastal projects
- Experience with Habitats Directive Assessment or Water Framework Directive Assessment
- Stakeholder engagement
- Honours degree in ecology or biology or other relevant discipline or equivalent
- Full membership of the Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management
- A minimum of five years' experience in the provision of ecological advice in the consultancy sector.
- The candidate needs to have a valid UK Driving licence.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.