- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
My Client is looking for a Principal Geomorphologist to join their team absed in Berkshire.
- Project management and/or technical leadership of a wide variety of geomorphological studies with particular expertise in fluvial geomorphology and river restoration projects
- Assisting Project Managers/engineering colleagues on other projects
- Undertaking qualitative and semi-quantitative geomorphological analysis
- Preparing to be flexible and contribute to other work streams (e.g. hydraulic modelling and Environmental Impact Assessment)
- Quality Assurance on project deliverables
- Line management and mentoring of other specialists and technical development of less experienced colleagues in the team
- Identify and pursue new business opportunities and support sales opportunities across the wider business.
- High quality in relevant subject
- Proven expertise in the field of fluvial geomorphology, including wide experience of a range of river types (including mobile gravel bedded channels) and strong analytical skills (e.g. application of stream power, shear stress, etc.)
- Chartered through a relevant Professional Institution
- Ability to influence engineers to arrive at sustainable solutions
- Ability to coordinate and manage geographically dispersed teams
- Engagement and negotiation with statutory agencies
- Post Graduate qualification in a related subject
- Project Management qualification (e.g. APM or PRINCE2)
- Quantitative modelling skills and experience
- Experience of feasibility/options appraisal/design of river restoration
- Experience as an expert witness/preparation of evidence for expert witness/ Public Inquiries
- Knowledge/experience of coastal geomorphology
- GIS skills
- Experience of developing client relationships to open new business opportunities
- Experience of leading and winning new tender opportunities
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.