- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive Search
SMT Manufacturing Supervisor
Matchtech's client, a market leading manufacturer, has an exciting opportunity for an SMT Manufacturing Supervisor to join their progressive team in Portsmouth.
The SMT Manufacturing Supervisor will be responsible for leading a team of SMT operators to ensure that products are manufactured to the highest standards.
SMT Manufacturing Supervisor / Production / Surface Mount Technology & Device / Electronics / PCB / Team Leader / CI / Lean
- The SMT Manufacturing Supervisor will supervise the operators and report daily on the status of production, identifying current and future capacity requirements
- Review technical issues and ascertain proactive long term solutions , while conducting problem solving exercise to improve key metrics
- As the SMT Manufacturing Supervisor you will monitor surface mount technology equipment's performance and contribute to improvement initiatives
- Allocate appropriate resources based on the demand and forecast, to ensure the most efficient manufacturing
- Suggest ideas of improvement in order to drive a continuous improvement culture and champion best practice techniques
- The SMT Manufacturing Supervisor will have experience of working within a technical surface mount technology production environment
- Previously held leading or Supervisory positions in a manufacturing facility
- Understand continuous improvement and lean methodologies and have experience of utilising the tools to improve processes
- Experience of managing projects with capital expenditure would be desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?