- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client is looking to build a team and require a Field Engineer/Supervisor to lead and to be part of that team installing and constructing electrical power distribution and transmission systems from 400V to 132kV.
To lead and to be part of a team installing and constructing electrical power distribution and transmission systems from 400V to 132kV in a manner that delivers safe, profitable, timely, high workmanship quality and fit for purpose networks for the customer and which promotes the company in a positive light at all times.
- The execution of diverse electrical network projects including the installation of ground mounted and structure mounted power system components such as cable systems, switchgear, transformers, busbars, relay panels and associated equipment in substations operating at up to 132KV.
- Progress to "Authorised Person" status under the Customer's Safety Rules, allowing the individual to a) have independent access to substations containing live exposed conductors, b) to receive a permit to work and c) to supervise a working party.
- Perform in a professional manner to help build team and customer confidence and thereby contributing to the promotion of Projects Business growth.
- Provide leadership, support and development of others in terms of direction, advice, support, commitment, effort and dedication as required to fellow team members and customers.
- To work within all set procedures and to ensure Health and Safety is the most important element in this regard. Undertake the site supervisor role in accordance with the CDM regulations as required - this may include the control of Customer appointed contractors and/or company appointed sub contract labour.
- Efficiently execute the project management role and oversee the tasks and task types allocated to others in a diligent manner in pursuit of effective project delivery. Help others to increase skill range and knowledge in the process.
- Resource control. Undertake the organisation, control and deployment of materials/equipment/labour resources for upcoming works.
- Basic commercial awareness and completion of valuations against a set scope.
- Keep safe and maintain all company property issued, ensure it is routinely PAT or calibration tested and bring to the company's attention any items that are not of a serviceable nature in a timely manner.
- Production of as built records, test results, updated drawings and reports for projects.
Suitable mechanical or electrical qualification - City & Guilds, ONC, 17th Edition and/or relevant experience.
Experience in elec/mech fitting or jointing experience, plus supervisory experience.
Good operational knowledge of electrical power distribution systems.
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Well developed interpersonal skills, evidence of managing people.
PC literate - Word, Excel and ideally Project.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.