- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Maintenenace Engineer
My client operates modern, high-speed printing presses at three different locations in the UK, offering a printing service that runs 24/7 who are able to offer the very best in quality and customer care.
Their expanded service also includes print management, design, distribution and subscription services and even e-publishing options.
I am looking for an Engineering Technician with an Electrical/Electronic bias and experience with PLC Siemens S7 control systems.
- To provide electrical/electronic preventative maintenance, breakdown cover and repair on all aspects of plant and production equipment to ensure effective use of resource and to resolve issues when they arise to achieve continuity of production.
- Responsible for ensuring the co-ordination of activities on your shift.
- Responsible for providing electrical/electronic install, maintenance and breakdown cover to all production areas.
- Prioritise and attend breakdowns to meet work time constraints.
- Ensure planning and design of electrical/electronic installations meet the current regulation such as Electricity at Work.
- Install electrical/electronic equipment
- Provide assistance to the Mechanical Engineers, Print and Mailroom Technicians when applicable.
- Consistently strive to improve quality, working within the company's Key Performance Indicators and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Take responsibility for actions and make decisions appropriate to the level of expertise.
- Communicate and relate to people in the most appropriate way to ensure continuity of work across all shifts.
- Provide accurate written reports and maintain daily administration associated with the role.
- Maintain the reports for the parts system and parts ordering and maintenance tasks
- Know own products and apply solutions to achieve customer and departmental goals.
- Ensure a high emphasis on customer care for the internal and external customers.
- Contribute positively to the team effort to ensure maximum efficiency and continuity of work across all shifts.
- All work to be conducted in a manner that ensures a safe working environment at all times in accordance with current health and safety regulations.
- Undertake any other general maintenance duties as and when required
- To attend internal and external training courses as and when required.
- To be willing to develop and apply new skills outside own area of expertise for example, mechanical engineering/print.
- Willing to work with and embrace change in working practice and personal development.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.