- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
CAE Analyst - Powertrain
We have an urgent requirement for a CAE Analyst to work for a major automotive client in the West Midlands.
Position Title: CAE Analyst
Location: 22 - Warwick Uni
Powertrain Research delivers new technologies to future powertrains. This role is with the CAE team in Research who are responsible for simulations and capability for all research projects. The team looks after the airpath of internal combustion engines except the combustion chamber, valves, turbocharger, and the manifolds.
- 1D and 0D fluid dynamics simulations of thermal systems (E.g. heat exchanger optimisation, engine and electric vehicle battery cooling circuits).
- Integrate simulations of heat transfer into CFD work.
- Monitoring future powertrain technologies and developments in academia and the industry.
- Project manage CAE research and development activities.
- Report to senior management at required intervals.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- 5+ years of 0D (zero-D) or 1D fluid dynamics and heat exchange simulation experience (E.g. GT-ISE, GT-POWER, COOL3D, GEM3D) OR A PhD in heat exchange simulations plus 3+ years of 0D (zero-D) or 1D fluid dynamics and heat exchange simulation experience (E.g. GT-ISE, GT-POWER, COOL3D, GEM3D)
- Must have simulated engine coolant flow through thermal systems of a vehicle in 1D.
- Proven record of internal combustion engine operating knowledge concerning:
(1) Airpath including turbocharger, EGR, valves, intake, exhaust
(2) Engine efficiency: Friction, combustion, boosting
(3) Control: valve timing, wastegate, fuel
Minimum an MSc degree in automotive, mechanical, aerospace, or physics 5+ years of 0D (zero-D) or 1D fluid dynamics and heat exchange simulation experience (E.g. GT-ISE, GT-POWER, COOL3D, GEM3D) Excellent understanding of fluid flow in internal combustion engines and knowledge internal combustion engine operation
PhD in automotive, mechanical, or aerospace Programming skills using Matlab and Simulink Knowledge of automotive emissions and certification tests concerning engine warm-up, cool down Knowledge of CFD analyses for underbonnet flows, EV battery, e-machine
Based in National Automotive Innovation Centre in Warwick University Science Park but must be able to travel to other sites as well as external providers (universities, suppliers, consultancies)
Travel to other sites when needed Warwick Science Park, Whitley, & Gaydon
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...
- Automotive engineers required to pioneer new car safety technology
From automatic braking to lane keep assists, find out how automotive engineers are designing potentially life-saving systems