- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Project Controls Manager
Matchtech's client - a preferred supplier on the nuclear new build site, Hinkley Point C - requires a Project Controls Manager with experience working on large civil engineering projects.
Matchtech's client offers independent advice, safeguarding the commercial interests of clients embarking on investment programmes across real estate, infrastructure and natural resources, and is one of the leading consultancy providers to the Infrastructure sector. They are the preferred supplier on a series of functions for the construction of the UK's first new nuclear site in a generation - EDF Energy's Hinkley Point C power station.
The client is looking for a Project Controls Engineer to join their ever-expanding team, based on-site near Bridgwater, to support the Project Manager and his/her team to ensure that the project is delivered on-time, within scope and within budget; to manage data and provide the analytical processes to predict and influence the time and cost outcomes of the project; and to provide information in a format that assists management in effective decision making.
- Develop the project strategy by defining the methods to utilise the PM software.
- Provide the Project Management Team with progress reporting including schedule updates, forecast to complete milestones, variance identification and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop a detailed project plan with agreed milestones to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in the project's scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate project management software systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to the Project Manager and the management Team as required.
- Managing risks; assess and analyse the project risks, cataloguing past risks and determine how to avoid future risks.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project. A working knowledge of Primavera would be an advantage.
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the power construction sector.
- Solid technical background, with understanding and hands-on experience in site management.
- Excellent internal and external communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- The ability to manage budgets and related financial reporting.
- An excellent working knowledge of a solid modelling computer-aided design programme.
- Possess a minimum of Three years' experience in a project management role for power facility construction with a significant track record of successful work.
- Possess verifiable Risk Management experience with the ability to assess and analyse risks to the project.
- Must have a background in business skills, management, budgeting and analysis.
- Experience with nuclear facility construction a distinct advantage.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.