- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Calibration Engineer - Powertrain
An experienced powertrain calibration engineer is required to join one of the UK's Leading Automotive Manufacturers.
Powertrain Calibration Engineer - Gasoline, Diesel or Hybrid.
The role involves simulation, test bed and vehicle based calibration activities to optimise performance and emissions to meet both legislative and customer specific targets.
3 KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
- Powertrain Calibration Expertise with calibration and data analysis tools (e.g. INCA, Matlab, Concerto etc.).
- Good analytical skills & good working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum qualification of a degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering subject, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience in a powertrain calibration team environment.
- Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex calibration related problems.
- Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, AVL Concerto, Cameo and CRETA.
- Experience of working within a calibration team and applying and improving methods, processes and engineering tools.
- Fundamental understanding of powertrain systems and control theory required.
- Master of Science or PhD qualification preferred.
- Experience applying control theory preferred.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics desirable.
- Interpretation and specification of simulation data.
- Experience/knowledge applying Design of Experiments (DOE) tools.
- Experience in the application of model based calibrations desirable.
- Ability and willingness to support overseas testing as part of the role is required - typically, these can be for up to 3 weeks at a time and up to four times per year.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate professionalism, diligence and a focus on technical delivery in a calibration team environment.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Automotive
- Why the automotive industry needs more electrical engineers
As the focus of automotive companies turns towards the production of electric vehicles, the demand for electrical engineers...