- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
IVQT Highways Civils Inspector
I am working with a busy client, and looking for an IVQT Highways & Civil Inspector who is looking to work within a reputable business on a permanent basis.
The project that this role is required for is to work on Highways England's flagship Smart Motorways Programme and is being delivered via a joint venture . My client will be making improvements on 37.9km (23.6 miles) section of the M1 between junctions 13 and 16, which passes through Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire and provides connections to the towns of Bedford, Milton Keynes and Northampton. The project will involve upgrading this section to an All-Lane Running (ALR) smart motorway.
The IQVT Highways Civils Inspector provides expertise in Assurance of Quality specifically adherence to the specifications and ITPs with regard to workmanship and record that the work is or is not compliant. If not, record this, report it and assist with raising and closing out the appropriate NCR. Similarly reporting to the quality manager on any good practice seen and raise a quality improvement. Any materials considered none compliant either by a test or inspection should similarly be recorded and reported in the same manner. Taking, maintaining and correctly filing site records and photographs will be a key role.
For the successful candidate, the role will Intel;
- Supports the Quality manager in ensuring that the process is in place to deliver right first time to Project specifications, in conjunction with the Project Manager as appropriate. (Some training may be given on this if required)
- Ensure inspection and test plans, implemented by the site management team are being adhered to
- Assist in developing specific project / task quality plans
- Support the development of either Project or Business Stream Quality strategies or plans
- Support the Quality team in dealing with external auditing governing bodies to maintain existing certification and continuous improvement
- Produce project quality reports as required
- Support the delivery of business stream quality programs and actions
- Assist in training, coaching & developing quality skills in business streams
- Support the establishment of a continuous improvement culture
- Undertake specific investigations and/or report on quality related issues as required
- Understand Lean principles and how to apply them in construction
The successful candidate would ideally have the following qualifications / experience
- Substantial practical experience in quality inspections in a relevant business environment
- Experience of Civil construction and particularly Highways
- Reasonably detailed understanding of specification for Highway works and or be able to refer to it
- HNC/HND or degree qualification in Civil Engineering would be desirable.
- Knowledge of test and inspections within Specification for Highway Works (SHW) and be able to confirm a pass or fail etc.
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts
- Ability to deliver factual reports orally and written in an objective manner
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
If this sounds of interest to you then please apply by sending in your most up to date CV to email@example.com, or if you would like anymore information on this exciting position, then you can call me on 01489 898 851, I will happily answer any questions you may have.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?