- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical Service Technician/Engineer
My Client is seeking and electrically bias Service Engineer to work in the Water Industry.
Location: the role will be based out of Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Yorkshire, Cheshire, Merseyside area (or close) with travel across the UK on a weekly basis, with variable nights away as well as the occasional overseas trip.
Responsible for undertaking servicing, maintaining, commissioning, installing and provision of technical support on the complete range of Companies Technologies. Working under own initiative with minimal supervision, to provide customers with the highest levels of service possible, the work will encompass installation, maintenance, on-site repairs, inspections, fault finding and making recommendations to external customers as well as internal colleagues.
Responsible for commissioning of chemical dosing and water purification equipment/systems. In this capacity the scope of work undertaken may also be extended to include the supervision of installation works and management of others.
Products are typically, but not limited to chemical dosing, metering, disinfection, chlorination and electro chlorination products including systems and process technology for municipal, industrial and leisure industries; and occasionally microfiltration and ultrafiltration solutions for drinking water, water reuse, wastewater, desalination pre-treatment and industrial process water.
- Ability to work at remote sites either on own, or with others, and commitment to vary working hours to meet the needs of the job which may require the applicant to cover periods of on-call duty.
- Willingness to travel and work in different geographical locations when required, which will necessitate periods of time being spent away from home (typically away weekly with variable nights dependent upon business needs). Able to travel and work abroad for short periods of time when opportunities arise
- Ability to assimilate information gained on the job and from training materials and courses and apply that learning in the field.
- Possess a basic understanding of working under CDM regulations.
- Possesses the ability to read and maintain "As Built Drawings" (electrical, mechanical, P&I) through to final Commissioning in order to ensure that O&M manuals can be updated as may be required
- Display sound H&S awareness and track record
- Must hold valid UK driving licence
- Experienced or apprentice trained craftsman with electrical/ instrument/ process control background and qualification. - desirable
- Experience of fault finding, commissioning and maintenance of Water Treatment related products and systems. - desirable
- BTEC, ONC or C&G in Instrument / Electrical / Electronic Engineering - desirable
- Have a CSCS card or equivalent - desirable
- Confined Spaces training - desirable
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.