- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Graduate Civil Engineer
Our client is a medium sized consultancy who work throughout the UK employing a multi-professional team of engineers, surveyors and experts in all types of construction projects.
The office in South Oxfordshire currently have an opportunity for a Graduate Civil Engineer to join their Civil Engineering team on a permanent basis.
A Graduate Civil Engineer will ordinarily undertake the following tasks
* Take a global view of infrastructure issues for new development and advise clients accordingly
* Prepare outline and detailed designs of road and drainage infrastructure, junction alterations and new services
* Produce technical and pre-planning reports on flood risk, drainage, utilities and geo-environmental issues
* Liaise with clients, project teams and local authorities
* Enhance and promote the image of the company by their actions
Relevant skills & experience
* Minimum qualification - degree in Civil Engineering
* Industry experience in Civil Engineering design would be desirable
The following are essential:
* An ability to speak clearly, confidently, professionally and convincingly at meetings and on the telephone
* An ability to write clear and concise e-mails, letters and reports
* Good commercial awareness
* An ability to work well with others as part of a team
The following would be beneficial but not essential:
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD for drafting design solutions
* Experience in the use of industry-standard design software packages, such as Micro Drainage
* Experience dealing with clients and other members of the professional team
* Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
The Civil Engineering team undertakes the following tasks
* Site appraisals, feasibility studies and pre-application advice
* Infrastructure design of roads, drainage, retaining walls, bridges and earthworks
* Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments and Sustainable Drainage Assessments
* Detailed design of residential, commercial, industrial and educational developments
* Detailed design of highway improvements and S38/S278 schemes
* Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments and Phase 1 Geo-Environmental Appraisals
The team is highly motivated and committed to the delivery of successful projects for our clients. This ethos has resulted in an expanding workload and the requirement for another enthusiastic Graduate Civil Engineer. A suitable candidate will enjoy their work and the challenges provided by our clients.
The company has been listed as an NCE100 company, in recognition of the role that we play in driving the industry forward, increasing productivity, driving cultural change and delivering for society in the UK and beyond. The company have a friendly and supportive working environment, which has resulted in good morale and a low staff turnover. The company has a strong commitment to training ranging from 'on the job training' in new software and design techniques to training programmes for Chartered status and external short courses.
The wide breadth of skills and experienced staff creates an excellent environment for new staff to undertake varied and rewarding tasks and expand their knowledge and skills.
The company will provide a competitive salary, a contribution towards a personal pension scheme (up to 5% of salary) and professional membership fees, which are paid for one organisation. The company contributes to r
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Engineering
- Lack of diversity fuelling skills gap in engineering workforce
With 85% of businesses making new hires and/or up-skilling existing staff to take advantage of digital technologies and auto...
- Engineers: the UK needs you!
Engineering companies in the UK need 265,000 new employees a year until 2024. But what sectors need the most engineers?