- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Senior Firmware Engineer FPGA
This established and credible company in Edinburgh have an opportunity for talented Senior FPGA/ Digital Engineers to join their expanding Firmware team!
You will be required to create and develop FPGA designs for leading edge airborne applications ideally specialising in FPGA / Digital techniques.
Skills of Interest: FPGA, Digital, Firmware, Hardware, Vhdl / Xilinx / Altera / Verilog
- Ability to create innovative VHDL based FPGA designs
- Able to undertake advanced verification techniques using either VHDL or SystemVerilog / UVM
- Working knowledge of current FPGA technologies from either Xilinx, Intel (Altera) or Microsemi (Actel) and their associated toolsets
- Proficient in the analysis of system level requirements and deriving detailed FPGA requirements
- Knowledge of methodical approaches across the full FPGA design lifecycle, ideally working to a structured firmware process such as RTCA DO-254 or similar
- Ability to define complex timing and area constraints for efficient FPGA place and route
- Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary team, liaising with Systems, Hardware and Software engineers from requirements definition through to product release
- Skilled in de-bugging of FPGA designs
- Communicating effectively with different disciplines both verbally and in written form
- Familiarity with Mentor Graphics FPGA development tools including HDL Designer, ModelSim / Questa and Precision is an advantage.
All applicants must be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.