- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
The Company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
- Advanced level of experience in warehousing logistics, operations and support services or quality assurance.
- Project management skills, including needs analysis, information gathering, research, analysis, and reporting skills.
- Experience in a unionized workplace.
- Supervisory/Managerial skills, including selection, coaching and counselling team members, evaluating performance, team building, and administration and operational planning, including budgeting and resource allocation.
- Communication skills (verbal, written, facilitation), including an ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Time management skills, including an ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Conduct operational analyses of the receiving, order-filling, and shipping functions to ensure efficiency and effective coordination between the functions. Identify improvement opportunities and submit recommendations to maximize current operations or plan for operational changes.
- Collect, review and analyze operational information (key performance indicators (KPIs), budget reports, operational expenditures and other controls) on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with immediate team, to coordinate and develop solutions for department or area specific requirements and problems.
- Identify and manage priorities to ensure customer expectations are met and exceeded. Participate in and may delegate or manage responsibilities of special projects or task forces.
- Provide ongoing support, coaching and development of team, including the establishment of annual performance objectives, conducting performance discussions, making compensation recommendations, and conducting succession planning and skill development discussions.
- Support, develop and train direct reports on the interpretation and application of all employment related programs and procedures, including Health and Safety, in order to ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and company policy.
- Develop new methods for improving inventory accuracy and methods for training warehouse staff on best practices for operation.
- Conduct root-cause assessment and implementation of best practices within a facility.
- Develop and monitor metrics within the facilities.
- Provide support and direction to inventory auditors, warehouse supervisors.
- Complete or ensure the completion through inventory auditors of all required reporting, such as hold reports, date code reports, cycle count reports, outstanding returns, receipt discrepancies internally and by the customer.
- Produce weekly errors log.
- Initiate and enforce processes and controls to bring about continuous improvement.
- Liaise between customer and warehouse on a day-to-day basis as required.
- Investigate and reconcile inventory discrepancies via cycle counts.
- Provide excellent customer service via phone or email regarding all issues of inventory.
The successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University Degree is preferred
- Proven relevant experience
- Shipbuilding industry experience would be an asset
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain is essential
- Experience with controlled goods
- Experience with major projects
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and diverse business
- Excellent communications skills and problem solving skills
- Drive to enjoy working in a fast paced, team environment
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.