- Hiring hub
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Field Service Engineering Manager
The Company is in the business of building quality ships. Based in scenic Halifax, they are currently working on a number of significant projects for the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Coast Guard.
- Provide daily management to the FSE team & Design Support Specialists
- Provide support to Production (all disciplines) and planning in interpreting the design and the technical requirements
- Analyze VIR's, set priorities and provide dispositions and directions for correction
- Generate TIR's in response to Production problems, design deficiencies or producability requirements
- Provide the technical interface between Production and the support elements of the project
- Carry out technical feasibility studies on design option
- Bachelor's degree in Naval Architecture, Mechanical, Marine or Electrical Engineering is preferred
- P. Eng Designation or eligibility for P. Eng
- Shipbuilding or large scale manufacturing experience such as oil & gas
- Supervisory, management or leadership role experience is essential
- Experience working on naval new building and/or refit projects
- Strong CAD capability
- Ability to work in collaboration with operations management and production teams
All successful applicants must meet requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP), Canadian Government Security clearance, and U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Maritime
- How K Line is reshaping safety culture at sea
Find out how K Line is putting the safety of its staff first and what jobs are available with one of the world’s largest tra...
- Start your maritime engineering career this Seafarers week
This Seafarers Awareness Week, Scott Cook looks at the exciting career opportunities for maritime engineers