- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
My client within the Oil and Gas industry is looking for an Instrumentation and Electrical Technician to join them on a permanent basis at their facility in Alton.
Main purpose of the role:
The Instrumentation & Electrical Technician shall undertake activities relating to the maintenance and operation of the production and gas plant facilities.
- 7:30am to 4:30pm (Monday to Friday)
- Occasional weekend and outside normal hours working will be required
- Identifying, scheduling, carrying out and the recording of routine maintenance checks and non-routine maintenance repairs
- Carrying out the routine servicing of various types of process control instrumentation equipment (such as transmitters, controllers, analysers etc).
- Assisting/carrying out vendor specified routine maintenance.
- Maintaining of all site services in good working order and applicable to safe working practices.
- Respond to 24 hour call outs or giving advice on plant breakdowns outside of normal working hours.
- Carrying out of general housekeeping to ensure facilities are maintained clean and tidy and free of preventable hazards.
- Assist other technicians or operational staff as necessary or advised, and being able to exhibit a general understanding of the process, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation systems and their working.
- Carrying out equipment isolations to permit requirements to ensure that equipment is safe to perform maintenance on.
- Assisting during the installation and commissioning of new plant facilities.
- Working alongside specialist vendor service engineers, to provide assistance as required ensuring equipment servicing proceeds in a timely and efficient manner and to acceptable standards.
- Liaising with and supervising contractors, whilst working on company sites, to ensure they fulfil the requirements of the issued permit and perform their work to acceptable standards.
- Through training seminars and liaison with equipment suppliers, obtain knowledge of the equipment relating to maintenance requirements and techniques to enhance the efficiency and quality of the in-house servicing performed.
Skills and Experience:
- Maintenance experience on equipment related to the installed instrument and/or electrical equipment.
- Possess an instrument qualification (apprenticeship or NVQ level 3) with a good working electrical knowledge
- The ability to work on their own or with others, with the minimum of supervision and to assume overall responsiblity of tasks
- An understanding of the workings of the oil and gas industry
- Hold a current valid UK driving licence
- PC literate
- £36k - £47k basic (dependent on experience)
- 10% non-contributory pension
- OT Potential
- Up to 15% bonus
- Gym allowance
- Death in service (8x salary)
- Long term sick policy
- Lunch provided on site
- Training (my client ensures that employees have the opportunity to grow and develop)
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.