- Hiring hub
- Submit vacancy
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- About us
I am searching for a Quality & Reliability manager to join our leading manufacturing client in Southampton. This position is a 3 to 4 month contract with a view to be extended depending on the project requirements.
- Provide support for and give presentations to customers and prospective customers as required
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to Develop product quality plans and associated statistical quality control monitoring.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineering to drive process control improvement initiatives for the manufacturing of products to improve yield, quality and reliability
- Provide guidance to engineering in the early stages of the development of new products and new processes to ensure that the highest quality standards are included in the design specification to maximise the quality when they are introduced to production
- Run the RMA process; provide analysis and statistics on returns.
- Take responsibility for quality performance of key suppliers of Electronic Assemblies, Electromechanical and Mechanical parts/assemblies.
- Provide technical support and drive continuous improvement systems to achieve problem resolution through coordination with manufacturing, engineering, procurement and suppliers, using Lean techniques.
- Perform internal and supplier audits, First Article qualification of components/assemblies and develop new suppliers.
- Drive actions for timely resolution manufacturing / materials issues, troubleshoot and determine real root cause.
- Conduct quality reviews and drive quality improvement programs with relevant internal and external suppliers.
- Drive when required the integration of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 with ISO 9001:2015 QMS.
- Train and mentor staff and contractors as required in QMS and continuous improvement techniques.
- Agree and manage the reliability testing process to enable the assessment of long-term life performance, including responsibility for the test lab, its efficient running and house keeping.
- Agree on causes of failures and ongoing engineering programmes to delivery reliability improvements
- Agree appropriate test and screening methods to ensure that unreliable product is not shipped to our customers
- Engage with engineering to provide early assessment of the reliability of new products that they company plans to introduce
- Present reliability summary to customers when required
The jobholder will hold a degree or further degree in an engineering subject
The position is paying between £30.00 - £40.00 per hour on a LTD basis (PAYE / Umbrella Available).
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.