- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Work for us
- About us
- Our sectors
- Our affiliations
- Our international capability
- Why Matchtech?
- Submit vacancy
- Executive search
Our client, a leading provider of Engineering services to the Aerospace industry, are currently looking for an experienced Stress Engineer to join them on a permanent basis out of their site in Frimley, Surrey.
The role is to support the design and certification of aircraft modifications by generation, review and approval of certification documentation to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements.
The individual will become a Subject Matter Expert for the aircraft interior, specialising in airframe primary and secondary structure by resolving complex engineering problems including the modification of airframe primary structure to provision for additional interface points for interior commodities (hard point/seat track/top attachments) and modification of structure to facilitate the installation of exterior mounted antennae for navigation, satellite and communication systems.
Key responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Reporting to the Certification Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time zones, in order to identify engineering and certification requirements and solutions for active and upcoming projects relating to aircraft cabin interiors, airframe and repair approvals.
- Develop engineering design and structural substantiation for modifications to Structure , such as:
- Modification of floor structure including changes to seat tracks, floor beams and intercostal and addition of hard point fittings.
- Modification of ceiling structure to allow the installation of additional top-attachment provisions and equipment
- Fuselage penetrations to allow the installations of SATCOM Radomes or other communication Antennae.
- Repair to metallic and composite airframe structure including internal and external repairs.
- Produce analytical reports with hand calculations and computational analysis to provide evidence that any changes to structure satisfy the airframe and airworthiness requirements.
- Produce test plans and reports for conducting static, dynamic, non-destructive and proof testing of cabin interior parts, components, appliances and airframe structure.
- Review and approve substantiation documentation produced by other members of staff or by suppliers to provide assurance of successful showing of compliance with relevant customer and regulatory requirements.
Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills/experience/qualifications:
- Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry, ideally working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior reconfiguration programmes and primary and secondary aircraft structures.
- Able to perform static stress analysis through hand calculation from first principles and by using finite element analysis software.
- Able to perform Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analyses.
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity.
- Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering and/or proven experience in related commercial aircraft design fields.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.
Popular fields of work
Top in Aerospace
- New investment sees UK aerospace sector reach greater and greener heights
The UK aerospace sector is reaching new and exciting heights, thanks to a significant investment to help transform the futur...
- 4 engineering feats that changed America forever
Engineering has had a lasting and continuous impact on American civilisation. We look at 4 examples of amazing engineering w...